Strike the anvil on enterprise radio

An Entrepreneur's Journey Mobile App

Friday, June 28, 2013

Take the decision and stick with it........Bills Bills Bills

2010..... Final exit Dangote

"But Dangote is not stressful, you can combine it with your business and be collecting your salary, don't resign!" This was the advice I got from almost everybody around me. Someone even promised to get me a book, "things you must do before you resign", it had something about saving at least 6 months of your salary before you quit, not that this is a bad idea though. She had a business by the side too and was saving to resign (she is still saving three years after, I don't blame her, taking the leap is not easy). My hubby was skeptical too, but I got his buy in by promising that I would dust my CV after 2 years and look for a job if it didn't work out. I pleaded, please don't let me go to my grave with the regret of wondering what could have been because I never tried.

How did I get to this point of no return? When I started the business, I joined every entrepreneur association I came by, Wimbiz (women in management and business), Spirit of enterprise, other groups and fora on facebook. I was attending seminars, reading online material and partaking in as many networking opportunities possible. The climax was the Wimbiz annual conference, I attended all the seminars and break out sessions at the conference, listening to and meeting people like Bukky George of healthplus, Funke Bucknor of Zapphire Events, Tara Fela-Durotoye of House of Tara, Ibukun Awosika a serial entrepreneur. It was electrifying, not that they painted a picture of a life of affluence or no work, but there is this joy that comes with walking in your purpose and they all had it. I wanted this too and it was at this conference that I made up my mind to take the leap and run with Trezorlandia. 

My friend and co-entrepreneur, founder of The Jobmag center, Maureen Iyasele was one of the most excited people about my decision. She hadn't taken the leap at the time, but she encouraged me and gave me a soft landing with a business development project at the center. That soft landing was great because building a business my people is not a joke! You would go through many phases, from motivation to despair, to "what have I done" to ......... Persistence is the key, no matter what happens, once you have made that decision, you must stick with it if you want to succeed.

Slowly but surely you will get there.......

Life Skills Learnt
If you didn't like reading before, now that you are considering entrepreneurship, you better imbibe the habit. Information is power. It will save you from making mistakes that others have made. Reading is not restricted to print material, the internet is a fantastic resource center, a word of caution though, not everything you read there is true or right.


2013...... 28th June

This is the week of bills. I found the perfect picture to show the way I feel! 


God help me!!

www.bills...... #dazall

No comments:

Post a Comment