Strike the anvil on enterprise radio

An Entrepreneur's Journey Mobile App

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Nothing Compares 2 you - Sinéad O'Connor #90smusic

It's that time of the week again, when we share songs we love from the archives and sometimes not that far back. Before I share the song, I need to whine a bit - "Who sent me to fire lesson teacher oooo" #dazall.

Today's song is bang on 90s! It was originally written and composed by Prince  but was made popular by Irish singer Sinéad O'Connor, a highly controversial singer with strong views about child abuse, sexual abuse and women rights. In an interview with Oprah, she had this to say about why she shaved her head;

"They wanted me to grow my hair really long and wear miniskirts and all that kind of stuff because they reckoned I'd look much prettier," she says. "So I went straight around to the barber and shaved the rest of my hair off."

Just look at that face! She poured all her emotions into the song and video, you can tell
She's shown herself to be one that isn't afraid to stand for what she believes in, even in the face of jeers and criticism. "Nothing Compares To You", is such a deep song (Kudos to Prince's writing skills) and Sinead brought it to life with a video that sends shivers down your spine. In an interview she gave, she said the tears she shed in the last bit of the video were real tears as she remembered her mother.



It's been seven hours and fifteen days
Since u took your love away
I go out every night and sleep all day
Since u took your love away

Since u been gone I can do whatever I want
I can see whomever I choose
I can eat my dinner in a fancy restaurant
But nothing
I said nothing can take away these blues

`Cause nothing compares
Nothing compares 2 u

It's been so lonely without u here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling
Tell me baby where did I go wrong

I could put my arms around every boy I see
But they'd only remind me of you
I went to the doctor and guess what he told me
Guess what he told me
He said, "Girl, you better try to have fun no matter what you do."
But he's a fool
(This part is funny! O tun bu doctor ni sha, Lol. But to be honest, sometimes you are hurting so much that nothing anybody says can make you feel better. At such times, all you want is someone to sit with you and cry with you or just hold you and say nothing)

`Cause nothing compares
Nothing compares 2 u

All the flowers that u planted, mama
In the back yard
All died when u went away
I know that living with u baby was sometimes hard
But I'm willing to give it another try

Nothing compares
Nothing compares 2 u
Nothing compares
Nothing compares 2 u
Nothing compares
Nothing compares 2 u

No comments:

Post a Comment