Strike the anvil on enterprise radio

An Entrepreneur's Journey Mobile App

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Seize the Opportunities...... Give a child a love box!

Its about 5 days to schools resumption!!!! Tell me I am not the only mum looking forward to this please! Or am I a bad bad mummy *covers face*. It's been a long one and I am this close to...... aaah, never mind. I love the boys! But I need them to be otherwise engaged before we get anymore casualties at home. Speaking of which, there's this great initiative I think will be worth partaking in from a credible group. I'll share it in a bit. After the business of the day.

I have seen Evan Almighty a few times, but I saw it again yesterday and the day before (yea, there are a few old films I can watch over and over again like "beautiful mind", "August Rush" and some others). There's a lot to learn from the movie and many sites have dedicated posts to these lessons, but I'll share two main ones for me;



God has a Plan and it involves you

Many times we pray to God for something and expect it like the wave of a wand, I guess we all know by now that it doesn't work that way. You have to take the opportunities God gives you to make things happen.

It's all summed up in these wonderful quotes from the movie; 

"If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does He give them the opportunity to be patient?

If they prayed for courage, does God give them courage, or does He give them the opportunity to be courageous?

If someone prayed for their family to be closer, you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings? Or does he give them opportunities to love each other?"

This is the case in your business as well. You can sit at home and pray all day for your business to grow, for customers to magically find you and call you, no child! Get up and seize the opportunities around you.There you've got your answers.

I saw this on another blog - Is your company simply wanting to be remarkable? Or are actually doing remarkable things? Doing remarkable can make you remarkable.
Read the full text here: http://www.idea-sandbox.com/blog/2008/05/evan-almighty-life-and-business-lesson-in-opportunity/#ixzz2eT0HsmXE 
- brought to you by Idea Sandbox 



The flood will come in a way you don't expect

The most memorable part of the movie for me was the part where the rain eventually came down only to stop! It was funny and not funny. Many times I have found myself in situations like that, where I am so sure I have my answer and it all crumbles before my eyes, leaving me wondering what God is up to! Baxter was so sure that the rain was the answer to the flood he built the ark for, the whole purpose of his hard-work and ridicule for weeks but guess what, that wasn't it. That can make you want to scream!

Sometimes well meaning people around us have a word or two to say;

"Joan Baxter: Honey, maybe God didn't mean a literal flood. Maybe he meant a flood of knowledge, or emotion, or awareness.
Evan Baxter: If that's true, I am going to be *so pissed*."

It was the lake that was going to bring the flood! Eureka.

Be rest assured, God Loves you (Don't roll your eyes!), be calm and do your part with the opportunities he brings your way! You'll be just fine.....

About the initiative, here's the deal;

Project LIAB - Love in a box......Give a child a back pack

This Sunday, Green Pasture Kiddies will be giving  out back2school items to public primary school students somewhere in Ilaje, Costaine. You can participate in this by giving your time, sponsoring a child or just spreading the word.

If you are interested please Call;

'Wande on 08028587497
Olushola on 08038940887
Titi on 08028636959 or Uwa on 08023970412. 

You can add the BBpin 2a3e1eb

Click here to volunteer - Volunteer form

For Sponsorship payments, please pay to;

Sterling Bank, 0010424950, Green pasture Kiddies.

Let's change the world, one child at a time......



No comments:

Post a Comment