Strike the anvil on enterprise radio

An Entrepreneur's Journey Mobile App

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Melting Moments - Tolulope Samaiye #inthespiritofenterprise

Okay, so I know today is not Tuesday, but I promise this was half ready on Tuesday before work overtook me. I was going to wait till next week, but I couldn't resist! If you are in Nigeria and you haven't visited Melting moments at the mall in Ikeja, you are missing out. #justsoyouknow hehe.

So we had a chat with the strong woman behind the brand and you'll be surprised to know she started out just like any body else (o ye mere mortals). I have known Tolu for a while and I must say when she sets her mind to do something, she goes and gets it done!

Enjoy......

Tell us about yourself


My  name is Tolulope Samaiye. I graduated from Covenant University with a Bsc Building Technology. I am motivated by the Joy I bring to customers.

Tell us about your business

Melting moments is a dessert and confectionery company producing captivating desserts in store and through MM events, we produce events with high pedigree in display designs, planning, activation, procurement, management, monitoring, and evaluation. We have products for events with resounding display and taste impact because of our vast experience, highly talented and skilled team, and our eye for detail, thoroughness and efficiency. Our products are planned on timely delivery, budget consideration and 70% less fat.


Vision

To transcend the dessert and service expectations of all our customers and be the go to dessert company in Nigeria

Mission

To provide our customers with premier made-from-scratch desserts and confectioneries while focusing on customer satisfaction.

How did you get funding for the early stage of your business

I started with N7, 000, with that I bought my 1st hand mixer, paper cups and small quantity of ingredients. Initially this business was just to while away time while I waited for NYSC. So didn't really think about it. I used my mother’s oven for a 2 years.

One day my sister randomly asked me, Tolu why don’t you turn this into a real business and we can do it together. She got me my 1st standing mixer and some accessories as my birthday gift, and that’s how we joined forces.

After a while we realized we had a huge vision for Melting moments but we needed funds so we brought directors on board to enhance the growth.

What inspired you to start this business?

I will be very honest, at first there was no inspiration, it was not even a hobby. Baking was something that just happened because I was waiting for NYSC. Along the line my 1st encouragement came In, which is my sister. She saw something I didn't see at that time.

Now I get inspired by the strong will of young entrepreneur like myself, and realizing the existence of the support you never knew you had.

What challenges did you face and how have you overcome them?

I faced every kind of challenges any young entrepreneur will face. Quality control, demand and supply, funding etc. but the secret of moving forward is never to give up. I am a fighter. (I know this!) There are times I would have fallen off but I usually give myself a time out to step back and think of the best way to tackle issues.

What opportunities would you say you were able to leverage on to get you to this point

I was lucky enough to be one of the Top 50 Entrepreneurs to be awarded a scholarship to Enterprise Development center, Pan Atlantic University. To be trained on how to convert my glorified new found hobby to a well structured business.

How has the journey been so far?

The Journey has been great, a learning experience.

Given the chance will you do this again?

I don’t think I will change anything because I am who I am today because of the archive of experience I have. Mistakes made and different lessons learnt.


No comments:

Post a Comment