Strike the anvil on enterprise radio

An Entrepreneur's Journey Mobile App

Friday, December 13, 2013

Roar...... Katy Perry #fridaymusic

Hi guys. I respected myself and tried to keep all my 'waka' to the barest minimum today. I live off the express and our 'overflow' family and friends will definitely make sure that axis is on a lock down today. I have a lot to say about this, but I'll bite my tongue and save it for another day. Just know though, that not every church going Nigerian is truly Christian, and boy do we have a lot of church goers..... the end!

Eheen, so I have some energy today since I didn't have to endure five hours in Lagos traffic. It's been a while since I took my time to share anything from the heart here, so I'll try to make it up with my song of the day!! It's not a 90s song by the way; at this rate, I am beginning to think maybe I need to change this Friday segment to #songoftheday or #musicfriday maybe, what do you think? We'll see. Today will be #musicfriday though, because there's no way I can pass this one off as #90smusic.

If you follow me on twitter @sonaike, you would know that I am a huge fan of +Katy Perry and that her current hit #Roar is my motivational song of the moment. I even couldn't resist sharing it in my recent interview with connectnigeria.

Read the interview here

By the way +Chibuike Wogu was so gracious to send me a copy of the secret DVD I talked about in the interview, which I am about to watch! If you haven't taken advantage of the offer to download your business plan template from http://www.mybizhubstore.com/ the offer is still on till the end of the year. That's my own little way of saying thank you. 

Back to the song. Whenever this song comes up on the radio, I turn up the volume of my radio to the very end and sing along like my life depends on it! haha! Every single line of that song speaks to my soul, no kidding!! Gosh.

If you haven't heard the song please just listen by following the link below, if you can't see the embedded video that is;

Enjoy......


Katy Perry Roar

If you thought I was joking when I said every line of the song speaks to me, you would believe me when you see my fingerprints in red all over the lyrics below. I have comments everywhere. lol!

I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath
Scared to rock the boat and make a mess
(I see you sitting there, you know you want a change, but your too prim and proper to cause a stir! What would people think yea? Guess what? Nobody really cares)
So I sat quietly, agreed politely
I guess that I forgot I had a choice  
(many of us are here! You do have a choice, refuse to accept less than you know you deserve)
I let you push me past the breaking point
I stood for nothing, so I fell for everything 
(what can I say! What do you stand for?)
You held me down, but I got up (HEY!) (Yesssir!!)
Already brushing off the dust
  (I literally jump up and do the brush off moves when the song gets here)
You hear my voice, you hear that sound
Like thunder gonna shake the ground 
(Gen Gen!! The world hasn't seen nothing yet)
You held me down, but I got up (HEY!)
Get ready 'cause I’ve had enough
  (You have to get to that point where you've had enough! As long as you continue to endure that situation, you haven't had enough, no sir!)
I see it all, I see it now

[Chorus]
I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
(dance, dance, dance, cos you're a fighter, people will wonder)
'Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion (oh yes!!)
'Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You’re gonna hear me roar

Now I’m floating like a butterfly
Stinging like a bee I earned my stripes
I went from zero, to my own hero (Notice she says "my own hero", I hope you hear this?)
You held me down, but I got up (HEY!)
Already brushing off the dust
You hear my voice, you hear that sound
Like thunder gonna shake the ground
You held me down, but I got up (HEY!)
Get ready ’cause I’ve had enough
I see it all, I see it now

[Chorus]
I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You’re gonna hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You'll hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You're gonna hear me roar...

Ro-oar, ro-oar, ro-oar, ro-oar, ro-oar

I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You’re gonna hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You'll hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You're gonna hear me roar...


P.S. 

Sales Sales Sales!!!!!

1. Remember Revamp definition, the ex-banker turned crafts woman, yea? Well she's having a sales event tomorrow with 50% off ankara bags, jewelry and all. So if you're around Surulere, swing by;
Venue - Car park of Atara shopping plaza, opposite Mobil filling station, Aguda
Time - 10 to 6pm

2. It's also Oja-ara tomorrow and Sunday. This time, they've got a play area for the kids, so take your kids along;
Venue - Muri Okunola park by Nigerian law school.
Time - 10 to 6pm



No comments:

Post a Comment