Strike the anvil on enterprise radio

An Entrepreneur's Journey Mobile App

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Your Pigeon Street Crew.......

The school holidays are here! I had to mention this first as my alibi for being MIA for some time. Since we (my family) are doing our own summer holiday at home (we shaa won't go and steal, abi), I have to constantly look for creative ways to keep my little men engaged during this period. Try as I might though, we already have some casualties from their activities! My laptop, my father's printer that I borrowed quietly for one evening and my phone screen! Lord help me.

Meanwhile, where will you be on the 4th of august? My girls, Kike and Rukky will be hosting a lifestyle fair in Lagos. Will post the details here once I have it, but all you shopaholics in Lagos don't want to miss it. Save the date.

On the business side, I continue with my mantra - "Good better best, I shall never rest, until my good is better and my better best". Poco a poco. Earlier in the week, I read something on the forbes site that was so very on point and as usual I will share with you;

Here's my intro'

*singing*

"If you live in Pigeon Street,
Here are the people you could meet,
Here are the people who would say hello goodbye,
Hello goodbye, every day."

Remember this song? Lol!! If you were born after the 80s, don't bother.

The 6 People You Need in Your Corner
Source : http://www.forbes.com

Nothing incredible is accomplished alone. You need others to help you, and you need to help others. With the right team, you can form a web of connections to make the seemingly impossible practically inevitable.

The Instigator:

Someone who pushes you, who makes you think. Who motivates you to get up and go, and try, and make things happen. You want to keep this person energized, and enthusiastic. This is the voice of inspiration.

I and a few friends who are also entrepreneurs came together earlier this year to from a group called the A-team. We meet quarterly to review our goals and plans and to challenge one another.
 
The Cheerleader:

This person is a huge fan, a strong supporter, and a rabid evangelist for you and your work. Work to make this person rewarded, to keep them engaged. This is the voice of motivation.

I have quite a few people who believe in Trezorlandia even more than I do myself! Lanre Yusuf is one of such people amongst others. At the lowest points in my walk, he is one of those who would always call to re-fire me. He just never gives up.
 
The Doubter:

This is the devil’s advocate, who asks the hard questions and sees problems before they arise. You need this person’s perspective. They are looking out for you, and want you to be as safe as you are successful. This is the voice of reason. 

As an entrepreneur, it's easy to get carried away with your passion. You have an idea and you just want to run with it. The doubters bring you back to base, they make you consider all sides. These people can get annoying though, there's the temptation to avoid them, but thing is you need them. As the author of this rightly put, they only want you to be safe as you are successful.

The Taskmaster:

Someone who pushes you, who makes you think. Who motivates you to get up and go, and try, and make things happen. You want to keep this person energized, and enthusiastic. This is the loud and belligerent voice that demands you gets things done. This person is the steward of momentum, making sure deadlines are met and goals are reached. This is the voice of progress.

My slave driving assistant falls into this category, hehe! You know yasef. Sometimes I feel like slapping his head and screaming, leave me the hell alone! Truth of the matter though is, I have achieved more in the short time that I have had him on my case, so its a good thing to have a taskmaster.

The Connector:

This person can help you find new avenues and new allies. This person breaks through roadblocks into finds ways to make magic happen. You need this person to reach people and places you can’t. This is the voice of cooperation and community.

My brother Kehinde is my connector. He knows everybody and anybody who knows somebody, because he is so darn friendly. He walks into a room and takes over. He is an "oyana of life".

The Example:

This is your mentor, you hero, your North Star. This is the person who you seek to emulate. This is your guiding entity, someone whose presence acts as a constant reminder that you, too, can do amazing things. You want to make this person proud. This is the voice of true authority.

 Hmmm, gen gen. I have different mentors for different aspects. My mentor for life however is my Dad.

 Pigeon Street Crew

What do you think? Is there any category you don't agree with? Or perhaps, there's one thing you think should be here that's not. Feel free to drop your comments as always. They make my day!

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment