Strike the anvil on enterprise radio

An Entrepreneur's Journey Mobile App

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Laykaysax - Leke Obasan #inthespiritofenterprise

 Hello fam! It's been a while. A lot has been happening and now I feel like an octopus with many legs or is it hands now, hehe. I now co-host the SME business Platform show on Inspiration FM! Yaay me. So between that and the enterprise radio show, I get to meet and chat with loads of interesting people. These people remind me that there is hope, it is not all bad!

It pays to follow your heart, let us not dwell on the negativities in the news, from what I have seen, you can make it anywhere. You just need to overcome your fear, believe in yourself and surround yourself with the right people. People who motivate you, complement you and tell you the truth when you need to hear it.

So trust me, I have a huge line up of inspiring entrepreneurs to showcase and I can't wait. Today we'll start with Leke Obasan. It is not a lie that your talent will make room for you. Whatever it is you are good at, cherish and develop it, one day it would be your gift to the world and you would never be poor again......

Enjoy.

Tell us about yourself

I am a young Nigerian who grew into being a saxophonist, second child of three children, spent all my formative years in Ogun State, graduate of animal production and health, what else? Okay, I am not tall, I am dark, I like to think of myself as almost good looking when I am in a good mood.

Tell us about your business

My business!! I am a Professional Saxophone player, on the surface what I do is just thrill people at events, make people kiss themselves legally *smiles* enhance moments, create moments, make people dance, bring memories and also create them, I could go on and on, but I will wait for your call. 

I like to call myself a Music Service Provider, I fill the needs of entertainment at events, even when I don't play, I could script out music for your event and ensure you have a perfect blend of music, seamless transition of songs, so when there are multiple performances or you have a Dj and a live band, I make sure there is no single issue in their transition and also ensure they are playing what suits the moment, I ensure you have the right sound system, not some multi colored black with a sound cone in it.




What inspired you to pursue music full-time? 

Well, I just never saw any other thing, so I could rephrase the question to what can motivate you out of music? At a time I used to think a lot of money somewhere else could have done that until I proved myself wrong. I find utmost satisfaction here and I smell some really plenty money sometime soon.




Did your family support this?

The support was not there from the beginning, I have heard stuffs like I sent you to school to read and you are playing sax all around the school. Sometime back in school days that I brought Cobhams +CAMP NIGERIA to school and we had more than a thousand people in attendance and my mum was there too, that sorted that part, then similar situations made my Dad become more than enthusiastic.

Why did you choose the saxophone?

Again I can't give a reason, I'll say the saxophone found me, funny right? I play an array of other instruments but the day we found ourselves, I told myself something. Right now the saxophone is the main chic whilst others are ......



What main challenges have you faced in this line and how did you overcome them?

Usual challenges. Having the patience to go through the process, been going through the phases one by one, sometimes I feel like I can't hold on again, but I also self motivate, use some friends who we do the same thing and are successful to tell myself its only a little while. Then I keep going and fire again.

How would you summarize your journey so far?

Intriguing, challenging, tasking but also rewarding.

Given the chance will you do this again?

Absolutely Yes!!! I want to make you blush like "who suck blood" now.

What advice do you have for others looking to pursue professions similar to yours?

Just keep going even in the face of discouragements, let discouragement feel bad, be self motivated and finally never get complacent.


www.laykaysax.com
YouTube channel (laykaysax)
Instagram @laykaysax

You can view some of his videos here



No comments:

Post a Comment