Strike the anvil on enterprise radio

An Entrepreneur's Journey Mobile App

Friday, August 23, 2013

Evolution of Music - Pentatonix #90smusic

Friday is here already! Yaaay. I am dizzy from doing account reconciliations. This whole entrepreneur business is no joke. You have to deal with the good, the bad and the ugly. For me, accounting falls under the ugly!

It's been an interesting week, I re-strategised with Oyamag to make our tweets and social media posts in general, more engaging. I think it's going well, because we are getting more interaction than ever before. I know the main question is, how does this translate to the bottom-line? After all, that's the whole point, not so? Well, seeing as I am a learner just like you, we'll see.... I'll keep you posted. I may not know the answer to the bottom-line impact question, but one thing I know is, slowly we are getting closer to the time when Trezorlandia will be synonymous to gifts in Nigeria!! So help me God.

On #projectjane, I finally managed to open an account for Jane and her mum. But I must say this, it is no wonder there are so many un-banked people in Nigeria, the headache ehn! The only acceptable IDs are company IDs, National drivers license, National ID card(They gotta be joking here!!!) or National passport. Please tell me how many poor road side rice sellers would have any of these. Come on now! There has to be an easier way to bank please.

I also bought the books on the list from the Daystar book shop. I decided to make them compulsory reading for my teens class in church. It'll be like a mini book club, only they have a chief whip! Me! hehe.


Let the reading begin!

I know I promised to do #90smusic on Fridays, but I found this awesome medley (it's medley isn't it?) and I couldn't resist. I am not totally off anyway, it has the 90s in it as well.


Click the link below if the video doesn't load on your smart device (I say this every time right! Lol, Need to find a fix for that)


Notice how the 90s rocked the most. Although, they could use some help from me with that their scanty 90s list, haba! I am biased, I know, lol!!! 

But then, I loved the songs they selected for the 2000s!! Cee lo Green's Crazy and Outkast's hey ya!!! Oh boy. Their 2000s selection rocked until we got to the girl kissing song..... *no comment*

I went fishing for a comprehensive list of the songs they performed, found it here;

11th century
Salve Regina

1600s
Canon in D – Pachelbel

1800s
Symphony No. 5 – Beethoven

1910s
Danny Boy – Frederic Weatherly

1920s
Old Man River – Jerome Kern & Oscar Hammerstein II

1930s
Minnie The Moocher – Cab Calloway

1940s
Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy – The Andrew Sisters

1950s
I Walk The Line – Johnny Cash
La Bamba – Ritchie Valens

1960s
Stand By Me – Ben E King
Barbara Ann – Beach Boys
I Want To Hold Your Hand – The Beatles
Respect – Aretha Franklin

1970s
ABC – Jackson 5
Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen

1980s
Celebration – Kool & The Gang
Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey
Thriller – Michael Jackson

1990s
Can’t Touch This – MC Hammer
…Baby One More Time – Britney Spears
Say My Name – Destiny’s Child
I Want It That Way – The Backstreet Boys

2000
Hey Ya! – Outkast
Drop it Like Its Hot – Snoop Dogg
Crazy – Gnarls Barkley (Cee Lo Green)
Hips Don’t Lie – Shakira
Single Ladies – BeyoncĂ©
I Kissed A Girl – Katy Perry
Bad Romance – Lady Gaga
I Gotta Feelin – Black Eyed Peas

2010s
Baby – Justin Bieber
We Found Love – Rihanna
Some Nights – Fun.
Somebody That I Used To Know – Gotye
Gangnam Style – Psy
Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen

No comments:

Post a Comment