Strike the anvil on enterprise radio

An Entrepreneur's Journey Mobile App

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Fat2Fit_Klub - Olufunmi Adesokan #inthespiritofenterprise

According to research done by Marketsandmarket, the global weight loss and weight management market is expected to reach $206.4 billion by 2019 from $148.1 billion in 2014, growing at a CAGR of 6.9% from 2014 to 2019.

Even without the statistics, the buzz on weight management a.k.a #fitfam - ness in Nigeria these days is on another level. Before now, it was strange to see people jogging on the road, now its becoming the norm, so much so that naijasinglegirl listed Lekki link bridge as one of the hottest spots to catch a boo .... Lmao!

Now that everybody is a fitness coach/trainer, it takes some effort to separate the wheat from the shaft! But trust me, when you see Olufunmi's before and after picture, you yourself will ask her to coach you! Whaaat! She opens up on how it all began below.

Enjoy!


Tell us about yourself



My name is Olufunmi Edna Adesokan, a native of Ogun by descent and of Oyo by marriage. My academic background went on the normal climb and I graduated from the Polytechnic Ibadan as an accountant with some professional courses alongside.

Life for me has been both fortunate and 'I wish more fortunate' as I lost my dad at a young age and I always felt if I did not, probably my life would have taken a faster and bigger route. I met God at a younger age in my life and that has taken(still taking) me through the greatest route ever existed.

Tell us about your business

Fat2Fit_Klub came into actualization May 26, 2015. It began with two members and myself as the fitness coach, it's a virtual class and all instructions regarding exercises to be done, meal plans, video workouts, nutrition lectures and weekly weight loss monitoring is done there. Fat2Fit was born out of passion to help people overcome the fat the right and sure way. By eating healthy and working out!




What was your inspiration for starting this business?

Fat2Fit_Klub is more like my baby because I give it so much attention like I would my family. It all began in April 17, 2015. After some polite and true comments from someone who meant a lot to me, I looked myself in the mirror and I gave myself a grand lecture. I got married as a size 16 weighing between 70 and 80kg and after marriage and two kids via caesarian section, I grew to a comfortable size 20 and weighed a whooping 93kg. I had no control over what I ate because I ate it all, ranging from sharwarma to pizza to taking two carbonated drinks a day, I knew the newest restaurant in town and I sample enough dishes(most of which are fatty), once I can imagine it, or my eyes sees it, or I can perceive or perhaps I taste it, then I gobble it. And yes, I kept buying the next big size and the next and the next thinking of when I will one day wear a small sized dress(heavy joke).

But that one polite and simple but true comment changed my life. I stood before my dressing mirror and I said 'Olufunmi Edna, your life has to change, you must take your destiny in your hands and change your looks, behind all that folds of fat is a beautiful you, bring it out by all means'. So I met a candid and firm young woman who decided to work on me (she was in Canada while I was in Nigeria so we communicated mainly online). I began to eat healthy and exercise a whole lot, and gradually, the weights started coming off. In the first week, I lost a whooping 8kg and I knew there was no turning back, I shifted from wearing a size 20 to a size 18, then size 16, 14, 12, 10 and 8. It seemed like a miracle in the eyes of many especially those who knew me before, but it took me 4months of determination, discipline and focus to lose the excess 33kg I carried around town.

Everyone wanted to know my story, what I did, the drugs I used, so I decided to start a small group where I can train plus sized women as well, it was free at first cos it was born out of passion to help women who had low self esteem due to fat like I used to have. But of course we know how valueless cheap things look to people so I attached a fee when a lot where not serious about it. Finally I knew this was the direction God was pushing me towards, to reach people, to help people, to beautify people inwards and outwards, cos believe me, ur beauty is enhanced when the ugly fat is gone. I had peace from God doing this, and that was how Fat2Fit_Klub came into actualization May 26, 2015. It began with two members and myself as the fitness coach, it's a virtual class and all instructions regarding exercises to be done, meal plans, video workouts, nutrition lectures and weekly weightloss monitoring is done there. And in over a year, the Klub has trained and is training about 200 women all together some of which have graduated and doing fine in and out of the country.

How did you get funding for your business?

Being a virtual class, the business required no huge funding. The money saved up over time enabled me set up the basic things needed to ensure the class was run effectively. But plans are in place for bigger prospects.

What Challenges have you faced so far and how have you been able to overcome them?

The greatest challenge is people management. But with work experience as management staff in few companies I've worked with, it gave no much hassle.

How will you summarize the journey so far?



Fat2Fit has being and is still fulfilling for me. When I see the happy faces on my clients, their testimonies, the joy they experience when they get to wear a new and smaller dress size, I feel like, you have once again saved a life from am unhealthy path. That alone brings me fulfillment.

Given the Chance, will you do this again?

This is beyond me. People are dependent on me, peoples lives are being changed through God making our paths cross. I spend sleepless nights doing researches and studies and a whole lot more so as to bring about maximum result in my clients. I will do this over and over again given the chance!



What lessons have you been able to learn from your journey so far that others should know.

Consistency is my biggest lesson. And my definition of consistency is "doing the same thing everyday with a new vigour". I have never done a business and stay in it for more than 3months. I end up giving up. This will be my first ever that we celebrated a one year anniversary and looking forward to a December party. Wow, I've learnt to be consistent, in good times, in bad times, if you are convinced about a vision, don't give up, keep doing it, with new daily energy, and just one new day, will bring about a better phase!

To achieve anything, you first should be focused on your goal, be disciplined enough to get it, and be determined to achieve it. I call it my FDD(Biggest partners) in my 4months of weightloss. Finally, let God guide you. I have made so many mistakes not knowing what I should be doing until I allowed God to guide me. Giving yourself such great opportunity, would save you a world of stress. Thank you.

How can people connect with you


Pls visit my fanpage on Facebook and its Fat2Fit_Klub. You can watch my videos there especially the anniversary video which has being watched by over 8000 people and lots of client's testimonials plus interesting lectures are all on the page.

The official line is +234 - 817 215 2290.



No comments:

Post a Comment